How to Make the Most of a Networking Event
Presenter: Anthony Fasano, PE
Target Audience: Seller-Doers, Account/Project Managers, and BD/Marketing Pros
Goal: Learn the strategies on how to make the most of attending a networking event
Duration: 1 Hour
Date: April 20th, 2016 2:00pm – 3:00pm EST
Description: There is a generally accepted approach for civil engineering professionals when it comes to business development, which is go to as many networking events as you can in hopes that you will bring in new business. Your company is constantly urging you to get out there and network, but you’re busy, so you need to network efficiently and effectively. In this session, you will learn strategies for getting the most out of every networking event you attend.
Learning Objectives: In this interactive session, you will learn the strategies for maximizing networking events including:
- How to select the right events to attend. If you can’t do this, nothing else matters.
- When to arrive at the events.
- What to bring to every networking event.
- How to work the room effectively including conversational strategies.
- Why listening may be the most important thing you can do at an event.
- Why following up in a timely matter is important (and how to do so).