Ready to do more to help win business for your firm?
Introducing the Seller-Doer Jumpstart
If you are a high performing AEC professional who wants to ...
- Take command of your career
- Work on the most interesting projects for the best clients
- Earn a healthy income ... in good times and bad
- Win the respect of your managers, competitors, and peers and
- Become indispensable. . . then you’re in the right place.
So who is it for?
The Seller-Doer Jumpstart is designed for AEC professionals who are ...
- Soon-to-be project managers
~who want to get a head start as seller-doers
- Newly minted project managers
~who can envision their careers beyond the next project deadline
- Managers with 10, 20, or more years of experience
~who are ready to make more rain.
Regardless of where you are in your profession, the best time for you to take command of your career is NOW.
You can build the skills you need
to be a successful seller-doer...but it can be difficult to know where to start. That's where the Jumpstart helps.
In just two weeks, the Seller-Doer Jumpstart will help you:
- Envision how you will help generate revenue for your firm, whether you'll deliver lunch-and-learns for clients, or conduct business development calls with prospects, or take the lead on an important proposal, or help deliver a winning interview presentation. Once you have a clear idea of how you can use your strengths - and potential strengths - to help grow the business in your unique way, you're ready for the next step. . .
- Take Stock of your skills and knowledge. Given where you are today, do you have all the skills you need to achieve success as a seller-doer? Then. . .
- Prepare a personal marketing plan that codifies how you will help grow your business. Because a dream without a plan is just a wish. Next. . .
- Create a seller-doer skills development plan that maps out how you will acquire ... or improve, the skills you need to market and sell your firm. And finally. . .
- Launch and sustain your marketing and BD efforts year after year.
This process has worked for dozens of companies and hundreds of individuals.
You'll get career suggestions gathered from our research, including our interviews with top executives from these companies. . .
|Aguirre & Fields
|Chen Moore and Associates
|David Evans and Associates
|Forte & Tablada
|Walter P Moore
“I got a lot of benefit from learning where I was NOT focusing my attention and instead where I SHOULD be focusing.”
- Austin D., P.E.
How the Jumpstart Works
When you enroll in the Seller-Doer Jumpstart program, you get…
- A tailored Seller-Doer Training Needs Assessment report (see example below) that will point you in the right direction to begin developing ... or sharpening ... your seller-doer skills.
- Personal attention from your Seller-Doer Academy coach, who will help you think through your Personal Marketing Plan. Your plan will describe how you will go about marketing and selling your firm's services in a way that can achieve immediate results. Right away you'll discover, develop, and win new business within a month. Execute your plans and, within 12 months, double or triple your sales . . . at least!
- A menu of over 100 suggestions for how AEC professionals can best develop their seller-doer skills. Our recommendations for how to develop your skills, based on hundreds of hours of research, years of experience, and interviews with 3 dozen top executives at high performing engineering firms.
- Personalized input on your Seller-Doer Skills Development Plan, to make sure it's the right fit for you, which will keep you from spinning your wheels if you're focused on the wrong things.
- Periodic reminders to help you take action on your plans, to remind you to refine your strategies, and to help motivate you to achieve seller-doer success.
"They provided a fantastic list of resources!"
- Wesley D. P.E.
Your Jumpstart plan will help you overcome inertia that holds you back
Few AEC professionals, especially engineers, love selling. We know.
We interviewed three dozen top executives at some of the best professional services firms in the world. Of that three dozen, you could count on one hand the number who said they enjoy selling or that they had an affinity for it at your stage in their careers.
But they learned to do it anyway. It was a necessity.
While not all of them were systematic in how they acquired the skills, they readily admitted that having a roadmap for success would have saved them years of inertia, wheel spinning, and flat-out failure.
As one said, "A systematic approach will outperform a slapdash approach 95% of the time."
We are convinced that most professionals will achieve success as a seller by systematically preparing for their journey from a technical expert, to PM, to seller-doer, and to rainmaker. . . or to the highest levels of the company.
After all, would you attempt to build a bridge without a plan? Then why treat something as important as your career any differently?
Regardless of how far you wish to rise in an organization, becoming a successful seller-doer or rainmaker will earn you the career, income, and respect that you deserve.
When you can market and sell -- even only a handful of projects for tens or hundreds of thousands in fees per year -- you begin to take command of your career.
You can develop those skills haphazardly, over decades. Or you can more intentionally get started developing your skills ... and you'll succeed in a few years or months. . . maybe even right away.
"I received quick feedback from the facilitator that was a huge help
in creating my jumpstart plan."
- N. Adams, P.E.
Not sure the Seller-Doer Jumpstart is for you? Try it risk-free. If upon completion of the program, if you don't foresee getting results from it, we'll refund your money.
To learn more, send an email to [email protected] or call (859) 321-7547.