Effective Questioning: How to Build Rapport Fast, Deepen Relationships, and Uncover Buyer Needs
Presenter: Jim Rogers
Target Audience: Seller-Doers, Account/Project Managers, and BD/Marketing Pros
Goal: Learn how to ask the right questions, build trust, and uncover buyer needs.
Duration: 1 Hour
Business development is, at its core, about asking smart questions; by asking well-thought out questions that uncover buyer needs which yield rapport and trust.
Learning Objectives: The purpose of this module is to help you learn how to ask questions—many of which your competitors won’t ask—that will help open doors with new clients... and gain a competitive advantage for the best projects for the best clients. In this module, you will learn how to:
- Ask questions of potential (i.e., new) clients that quickly build rapport,
- Ask questions about the client organization and procurement process,
- Ask opportunity (i.e., project) specific questions that quickly build trust,
- Ask continuation questions that help you learn specifics that your competitors won’t, and
- Validate your competitiveness for the project... to avoid wasted time chasing bad pursuits.